2011 Quantity Reading Challenge

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Knot

Date read: March 11, 2011 - March 13, 2011
My Edition: 170 pages, 1997
Published by: Minerva
Rating: 2 kisses



Favorite Quote: "Anna is no such thing. Anna us a mood, the light which is constantly changing, now dark, or gloomy, or a bright golden dazzle, hitting things suddenly, running across the floor."


Review:
Eva Figes is a really good writer…of poems. “The Knot” is very poetic, very melodic? use of words thus it becomes hard to understand at times. I do commend her for making simple life become poetic, worthy of reading but its hard to understand. If it was written in normal prose I might have liked it maybe even loved it. I want to know more about Anna and Daniel but the format of the book made it hard to take a closer look at their personal lives. I can’t keep up with the characters that were not “properly” introduced. It felt like I’m thrown into a conversation with people I don’t know. I was forced to know them. Anna, on the other hand, I know very well. Aside from us having the same name, the book also showed her deepest emotion. She’s weird based on what I’ve read. 

Like Saramago, Eva Figes hates quotation marks but Saramago did it better. This one I just get confused on who’s saying what. Eva Figes also hates describing her characters. I can’t even imagine the characters properly. Their faces kept on changing.



My Soundtrack:
1. Masterpiece by Atlantic Starr
2. Wishing You Were Here by Chicago
3. Drops of Jupiter by Train
4. God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You by 'N Sync
5. Poker Face by Lady Gaga


off to read!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment