2011 Quantity Reading Challenge

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fables: The Great Fables Crossover by Bill Willingham


Date read: January 13, 2011 - January 16, 2011
My edition: 232 pages, year 2010
Published by: DC Comics
Rating: 3 Kisses

the author:

Summary: (courtesy of Wikipedia!)
 Bigby and Beast get into a violent fight that demonstrates the influence of the dark powers present. Rose Red sinks deeper and deeper into depression. Stinky starts a religion foretelling Boy Blue's heroic return, which a returning Jack Horner takes advantage of before encountering his son, the new Jack Frost. In an interesting twist, the issues are more focused on Jack than on the other Fables. (Note: Includes Jack of Fables issues 33 to 35 and The Literals issues 1 to 3.)



the hero that the book focuses on: Jack of Fables! :)






























Favorite Quote: "It's official. Life is a farce." - Mr. Revise


Review:
Currently, this is the funniest Fables I’ve read but not the best though. A lot of Bigby and Snow White, again. I’m starting to dislike those two because every Fables book is about them. Its like when you eat chocolate everyday you get tired of it in a matter of time. I also used to be indifferent to Jack Horner but through this Fables book, I’ve grown to love him. I’m thinking of reading “Jack of Fables”. He’s really funny. a comic relief and the most unusual story hero. The Literals are also interesting. I loved seeing the different genres personified. I would love to see a second volume of “The Literals”. Over-all, it was an okay book.


My Soundtrack:
1. Let the Rain by Sara Barailles
2. If We Hold on Together by Diana Ross :)
3. She Wolf by Shakira
4. So Into You by Tamia
5. Open Arms by Gary Go


by Kurt Halsey

0 comments:

Post a Comment